The Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit
Main improvements over conventional cold application methods
Kodiak Cold Therapy
- The Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit quietly delivers continuous moderated cold water through limb specific cooling Intelli-flo pads. These easy to apply pads are clinically optimized to function at safe temperatures for prolonged periods of time allowing for cold to deeply penetrate the application area. The Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit will typically maintain its cold between 6-8 hours between ice changes allowing for easy and effective use without the inconveniences of traditional ice methods.
Compromises of Conventional Ice, gel packs
- Ice, gel packs and frozen vegetables generally are a challenge to hold in place and administer intense cold over a small superficial area while only sustaining cold temperatures for a short period of time requiring frequent replacement trips to the freezer. The intense low temperatures of these options can also cause ice burn to sensitive skin, incision sites and areas that have compromised blood flow.
Patients choose the Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit for many potential benefits which include:
- improved pain control / pain relief
- improved inflammation/swelling suppression
- reduced risk of skin injury
- convenience of use
- assist in better rest and sleep.
Common Examples of Use
The Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit is used in many common procedures and circumstances such as:
- Arthroscopic Procedures
- Knee Surgery, Hip Surgery
- Total Knee, Hip Procedures
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Chronic Pain
- Physical Therapy.
Basic Easy Use Operation
The Breg Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit quietly circulates ice cold water through a cooling pad that is applied to the treatment area on the body. Simply fill the canister with ice and water, plug it into the wall (or use optional battery pack), and apply the cooling pad and you are set for 6-8 hours of safe, temperature optimized cold therapy.
Please read the complete instructions before use.